Maasi Saba here with Maasi Sabrina, sharing a simple hack with you all. We at times cry over our favorite hijaabs (scarves) being ripped or their threads coming out because of our safety pins. We both have little girls who are in our laps or constantly want to be held, and this can be a problem with our hijaabs (scarves). They get tugged at, and at times move around our head, because of all “our” movements. To find that perfect shade, or print to brighten up your outfit, and sometimes your mood is not easy. Finding scarves that stay put is also not an easy task. So we take great pride in taking care of our scarves, many we have had even before we got married. Maasi Sabrina has found a wonderful and cheap solution to our woes. Thanks my dear. She has also found other uses for this little hack. I guess at the age of 36, its about time i finally bought my first bottle of nail polish. (What would Abu say Sabrina!) So enjoy ladies, and I hope this helps some of you.
I’ll let Maasi Sabrina explain it to you now!
I’ve been going a bit crazy over all my pretty hijaabs getting ruined lately due to one reason or another. The main culprit?…are my ghetto safety pins. I know, I know, most people use the large pins that are actually meant for hijaabs, but they feel too big for me. I finally found a solution for my problem.
It’s such a simple hack that I can’t believe I didn’t think of it sooner! I blame it on my mommy brain! Lol. So back to my hack! I seal the end of the safety pin towards the back where the circle is formed with clear nail polish! How easy is that. One coat for both sides should do the trick. Yes you can use any color you have but there are so many other great hacks for the clear kind.
Here are some other tips for your clear nail polish:
- Smudge proof labels – These days everyone is trying to make their own labels; if they are for our spice jars, or our home gardens. Just use one coat and it’ll seal in ur label. No smudges!
- Threading a needle – It’s so annoying to get thread through a needle, and if you’re a mother, you don’t want to waste time on threading a needle.
- Keeping a button from falling off – You know how you put on a shirt or jacket and realize your sweet baby has turned your button around and around and now it’s unraveling? If you put a clear coat of the nail polish on the thread it will stop that process. So pretty much you won’t need hack number 2! GENIUS!
- Seals envelope – I know most people don’t send mail anymore but for those of you in Pakistan who use envelopes for every occasion (our momma!), use nail polish instead of putting glue. Seals it right up!
- Prevent costume jewelry from tarnishing – We wear a lot of costume jewelry these days but never realize how quickly they blacken. The clear coat helps it from blackening. And keeps them shining.
- Stops laces and ropes from unraveling. That one doesn’t need any explanation.
There are actually more things you can use the clear nail polish for, but I notice my post is crazy long already. Hope this helps!